I'm very happily subscribed to the Organic Consumer Association's regular email blast, which alerted me to this article on HealthNews. So, here's the list of the top 12 food additives. The whole point of this is to make you aware of what you are eating! Read labels!! And, raise an eyebrow to labels that contain the word "spices" (which basically tells you there is a food additive in there that they don't have to tell you what it actually is). Let's keep it real, folks!
1. Sodium nitrite (and sodium nitrate)
2. BHA & BHT
3. Propyl gallate
4. Monosodium glutamate aka MSG aka neurotoxin!
5. Trans fat
6. Aspartame - if you absolutely need sugar, stick to the real stuff
8. Food colorings
10. Potassium bromate
11. White sugar -- other options are maple syrup, rapadura, stevia, & honey
12. Sodium chloride - commercial salt can have dextrose added to it, stick to unrefined sea salt
Keto Cheesecake Parfait
14 hours ago